Monday 4 June 2012

The Crêpe Pan



I know I wasn't going to buy a crêpe pan but I did. It always seemed like a frivolous purchase to me. I christen it over the weekend for Sunday brunch. It's a fair size and due to it's shallow sides it does make it easy to tackle the crêpes. From a previous post you might recall that I was using a smallish fry pan to make crêpes. The only issue I have with this pan and it could be a mere design flaw on the part of Lagostina, is the handle. It has an all metal handle which gets very hot. Making it uncomfortable to hold unless you did what I did and wrapped a tea towel around the end of it. I guess using a pot holder would do the trick too. I think a heat resistant covered handle would be far better. I managed not to burn myself or singe the tea towel.   
   


With little fuss and what seemed like magic here are the crêpes. Waiting for the whip cream and mixed berries before being devoured by all. -JW  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.