Friday 24 July 2020

Food Photo of the Day ~ Nanaimo Bars


If there was anything I wanted to gloss over when at a gathering or out enjoying a coffee with a friend, the Nanaimo Bar was it. It always appeared to be far too sweet and sugary for my liking. Even a glance would send me into sugar overload, so I  eluded them... that is until my son made them. I was apprehensive in the taste testing however enjoyed the process of lending a hand in the kitchen. When all was said and done, my son urged me to have a slice. I did try a smallish square and was pleasantly surprised at how rich and chocolate tasting they were rather than the sickly sweet sugary taste I quite possibly had convinced myself of. It may also be the distinct difference of homemade versus store-bought readymade. For something that apparently is named after the Canadian city of Nanaimo in British Columbia, appeared in Edith Adams' prized cookbook from 1953 and was once called the 'London Fog Bar' this no bake refrigerator dessert is an indulgence worth making.  

Have a nice weekend and stay safe everyone! - JD      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.