Wednesday 9 April 2014

Luscious Coconut Desserts


Anything with coconut catches my eye and my stomach. This simple and indulgent cookbook offers over 50 recipes dedicated to the fragrant and delicate coconut. Until most recently coconut seemed exotic... reserved faraway on tropical islands. With coconut water surfacing on shelves, nutrient rich coconut sugar placed on tables and coconut oil becoming a pantry staple. The coconut has made a culinary resurgence.

Throughout the 143 pages and 8 chapters the recipes focus entirely on sweet than savoury. I suppose when one does think of coconut one leans towards the sweeter rather than the savoury side. I would have preferred a more rounded cookbook on coconut seeing how this is the only cookbook I have focused on coconut. Regardless I will enjoy this cookbook for what it has to offer. The photographs are full page and not overly glossy. The front cover reminds me, and I do not know why, of the many food photographs from vintage Betty Crocker cookbooks. It could be the colour combination, the font... who knows. The table of equivalents always comes in handy as with any cookbook. If you luv coconut then you will absolutely enjoy this book.

Recipes that I want to try are the Elegant Coconut and Curry Butter Cookies, Classic Toasted Coconut Cream Pie, Coconut-Caramel Popcorn, Ginger Beer Ice Cream Float, Luscious Coconut Layer Cake, Deep Dark Chocolate, Coconut, and Ginger Brownies and the Coconut and Pistachio Baklava.  

If you luv coconut then you will absolutely enjoy this book. And even if you do not these recipes could change that. I think I will make the Elegant Coconut and Curry Butter Cookies today. And I will post about it and the recipe tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone! - JW  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.