Thursday 13 March 2014

Avocado Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing


I diligently made these cupcakes this morning. I was very curious to see and mostly to taste, if using avocado in replace of butter was going to make that much of a difference. I can honestly say it does not. The batter... yes I had to sneak a taste because to me that is the true test. What the batter tastes like is a precurser to the end result. Remember licking the beaters, the wooden spoon and running your finger along the inside of the mixing bowl as a child? If there was baking to be done and when all was said and done then there certainly were beaters to be licked! 

The recipe came from Avocado Central. It is a great website that has many recipes dedicated to avocados. I urge you to give this recipe if for nothing else other than to see how easily avocados may replace butter. For this recipe, Avocado Red Velvet Cupcakes click *here*  They taste virtually the same as if made with butter or oil. 



This is what they looked like when they came out of the oven. A lovely reddy brown colour and spongy cake like texture.



All dressed up and ready to be eaten. I did not make the Honey Avocado Icing as suggested instead I made a Cream Cheese one.



Surprise dessert time! I am sure these will be gobbled up in no time. As I did with mine. 

- JW 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.