Tuesday 28 January 2014

Sunday Roast


Over the weekend I was still trying to recoup from this horrible throat infection so that virtually left me nonexistent in the kitchen. My husband made Sunday nights dinner. Through the pots clanging and pepper grinding I really wanted to do nothing more than to manoeuvre around the kitchen at top speed. However I had to rest. He did quite a lovely job at Sunday roast. Roast beef with rosemary and horseradish, roasted potatoes, steamed carrots and mushy peas. Unfortunately I could not enjoy any savoury morsel. After managing only liquids for 6 days I did try a few steamed carrots, mashed, and had a few bites of mushy peas. Tasty as they were I could not enjoy them to their fullest. Everyone not only relished in Sunday roast but complimented the chef. The big compliment coming from me, of course!

I am starting to feel better. Saw the doctor yesterday and I have many doses of penicillin to get me back on track. I think by Thursday I will be up and running full steam ahead in the kitchen. I hope you all had a good weekend!  - JW     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.