Thursday 28 November 2013

Lavender, Popping Sugar and Vanilla

One of my most recent shopping trips had me stumbling upon these three lovely items. I absolutely luv finding items that make my experience in the kitchen fun, inventive and even more delicious.  


The prescriptive dark brown bottle intrigued me. The aroma of intense lavender waiting for me... and my baking. Add this to cookies, cakes and icing. 


Reminiscent of pop rockets. I can not wait to use this in some of my holiday baking. I will keep it as a surprise and let the popping commence joyfully!   



Whole vanilla beans are expensive. Finding ground vanilla beans at $9.99 for a 30g jar is fantastic. Not only is this gluten and GMO free the makers have a very enticing website, click on www.baktoflavors.com to see more. My first batch of shortbread got the honours and christened this respectably.

- JW 




2 comments:

  1. oh man! These look amazing. Have you any plans to use them all together???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanjia, I never thought about using them altogether. If I do try them all at once in one recipe, I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.