Tuesday 26 November 2013

Chocolate & Zucchini ~ Daily Adventures in a Parisian Kitchen


I remember my mum baking chocolate zucchini loaf many times to my hesitation. What is it that brought those two ingredients together? Since then my culinary palette has broaden. The title is what caught my attention. Chocolate and zucchini coming together again however for possibly different reasons. The author, Clotilde Dusoulier is passionate about food and everything food related. Her luv of vegetables and chocolate was the inspiration for her award winning blog. Which then became the title for her book.

Even though the sub title suggests full on Parisian Cuisine she was fully inspired by her time spent in San Francisco. Her personality really comes across in the book. Her stories are delightful and inspiring and her knowledge is refreshing. The section called My Cooking Philosophy I could relate to especially the Organizing Your Cookbooks and Clippings paragraph. She shares more than 75 recipes. Starting with appetizers, main dishes, desserts, entertaining and dinner parties. All with a french flare and some with a wine pairing note. The photography is wonderful. Full page and in colour. This cookbook has a spot in my regular rotation of cookbooks.  

The recipe I would like to try from the book are: Mustard Chicken Stew, Chocolate Caramel Tart, Tomato Pistachio and Chorizo Loaf, Honey Spice Loaf, Cacao and Zucchini Absorption Pasta, Cumin Cheese Puffs, Broccoli and Apple Quiche and Onion and Cumin Quiche. 


I did make the Honey Spice Loaf, pictured here. The recipe was easy and it tasted so delicious! By the time my kidlets came home from school the loaf was cooling on the rack. The warm spices inviting them. Melting the snowy bits away.    

I like it just as is. However my husband likes to have a slice with a good slathering of butter. I could also see having some mascarpone cheese or sweet butter or apple butter spread a crossed the top.    

To read more about Clotilde Dusoulier and Chocolate & Zucchini click *HERE*  

Hope everyone and a good weekend. - JW 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.