Friday 28 June 2013

What Is In The Garden...



A pleasant surprise in the garden as the chocolate mint, I planted last year, came back very strong. I can not wait to pick and dry the leaves for some cooking and baking over the winter months. I honestly didn't think it would survive the winter. 


The radishes are a little slow this year. I think in most part due to the rhubarb. It seems to be taking over most of the garden space. You can tell by the big green leaf in the right hand corner. The rhubarb is massive and is ready to photobomb any chance it can get. 


We started the yellow beans in planters. They have sprung up quite quickly. My daughter was excited to see her effort come to fruition. They certainly enjoy the early morning sunshine. 


I know peonies are not edible however I just had to share this photo. As always they are blooming beautifully. The ants are furiously attacking the buds for their sweet nectar.   

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! And to all my Canadian followers Happy Canada Day! - JW  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.