Friday 23 November 2012

Blue and Black Bow Tie Pasta





When I was out and about I found this package of colourful pasta. Don't let the intense colours fool you. At first my kids were a bit apprehensive until they tasted it. I don't know what they thought it would taste like. The pasta tastes like any other pasta and it certainly is a fun way to liven up a classic dish. The amount of dye in this pasta makes it a once in a while dish. The water turned a deep blue when boiling it! My first idea was to serve it tossed in olive oil with some garlic and parmesan. Instead I served it with a classic homemade tomato sauce. A cheese sauce would have been great too! 
Have a good weekend! - JW 

© copyright photo by Jacqueline Williams 

     



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.