Thursday 9 December 2021

Yuletide Baking


It seems as the years go by, holiday seasons come more quickly and time is of the essence. Things are slowly getting ticked off my ever changing Yule list and not every baking expectation may be made on time and that is perfectly fine. Although I do start early; often I divide the baking in two... Winter Solstice/Yule/Christmas and New Years. For myself, it keeps a more focus and balanced kitchen ticking over with less stress which is very important around this time of year.   

Shortbread is always on my holiday baking list. Trying and combining new flavours is what I like to do. Pictured here are the lovely rosemary lavender and lemon cherry shortbread, so far... and thinking of many other flavourful combinations to create.   

 

... and these cranberry walnut cookies are anything but delicate. They speak of the holiday season in every bite.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.