Wednesday 29 September 2021

Food Photo of the Day ~ Zucchini Two Ways

 

I guess you could really say that this is zucchini pan-fried the same way, with two different coatings, sliced two different ways however to sum it up as two ways is simple and gets straight to the point. It comes down to preference when pan-frying zucchini and also how you want to finish the zucchini to serve. I like to drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a light sprinkle of bread crumbs and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese is also good. 

My first attempt, pictured above, are round slices, not too thin but not too thick either, salted on a cutting board to draw the moisture out, gently patted with a clean dry paper towel, tossed in flour, then beaten egg then bread crumbs. Used just enough oil to fry them and I found that the coating half heartily stuck. Still edible.  

My second attempt was different in how I sliced the zucchini, lengthwise, and what I coated the zucchini with although the preparation was similar... sliced, salted on both sides, gently patted dry. I tossed the elongated slices, again not too thin but not too thick, in flour and then cornmeal; added just enough oil to the pan, lightly adding more cornmeal on the slices as I gently fried them. I found this to be a bit better as the coating stuck more creating a thin semi crisp coating. A light drizzle with balsamic, no bread crumbs, was perfect. Pan-fried or grilled zucchini is a lovely side dish and whether you decide to coat or not, it still is delicious!

- JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.