Thursday 27 November 2014

Corn Pasta

I found corn pasta at none other than Dollarama. Where most things are a dollar however on occasion you can find things for more than a dollar and in this case this package of corn pasta was 2 dollars. As I waited in line a customer noted the pasta in my hand and stated "It doesn't cook nice. It clumps." I appreciated the culinary heads up however went ahead and bought it anyway. 

This corn pasta is made from non-GE corn, lactose free, egg free and is gluten free. A surprising find at the Dollar store. When cooking, I followed the directions on the package which are straight forward and the same as cooking any pasta. How did it cook? Fairly well. It wasn't clumpy... in fact it only slightly clumped after draining when placing the pasta on plates, which can happen with any pasta. Although as soon as I put my homemade meat sauce over top of it, it became loose again. No clumps. It was perfectly fine. So in regards to the customer warning and trying to steer me clear of this product there was really nothing that I found to be bothered about. In fact, I would buy this again.

It is a very bracing snowy day today so I will let my current painting and Christmas baking guide me. Stay warm! - JW    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.