Tuesday 26 August 2014

Potato Masher

Most potato mashers that I have owned usually break, are not sturdy or did a poor job even though my arm got a really good workout. With the former potato masher I had, I slightly dreaded the dinners when mash potatoes were requested. Perhaps I relished the arm workout however agonizing over something so simple put me off completely. Therefore I was searching for a good masher that would get the job done and meet a few requirements. When I spotted this one from the Italian Centre here in E-town potato mashing seemingly was going to the next level.    

The weight is hefty and the dual mashing plates are handy. The zig zag plate does mega mashing to cut down large cooked potatoes and the other perforated plate for small mashing to reduce the amount of lumps. Just pinch the side purple buttons to switch between plates. Two potato mashers in one! Convenient and the stainless steel cleans up nicely. I luv the purple and black combination. It gives this a bit of a gothic feel as far as kitchen gadgets go. 

And it did go to the next level. Here is the potato masher in action. Both plates were used and the mashed potatoes went smoothly. No more dread over mash potatoes and as far as the arm workout... it still exists. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! - JW   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.