Tuesday 7 February 2023

Leftovers #61 ~ Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles

 

I can't take full credit for this. My leftovers were inspired by Nigella Lawson's Creamy Dreamy Peanut Butter Pasta recipe. After foraging around the kitchen for lunch, I found some leftover stir-fry noodles, green onion and carrots... instantaneously I remembered watching Nigella's video recipe, although not committed to memory, I did recall some key ingredients and instead went with what I had, peanut butter, soy sauce, crushed dried chili flakes, green onions, carrots and leftover noodles.

Adding some oil to a frypan over medium heat I tossed the noodles to warm them up. I quickly sliced the green onions and grated the carrot. In a bowl I added about 2 to 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, smooth or crunchy, doesn't matter, and 1 to 2  teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce, stirred together then poured it over the noodles in the frypan. Added the green onions and carrot, sprinkled with crushed chili flakes, adjust according to your level of spiciness, and using tongs to toss and coat. Throughly mixing everything together and ensuring the sauce and vegetables are heated through. I found this incredibly tasty, substantial and moreish! The crushed chili flakes gave it a delicate spicy kick and as the noodles cooled they got more sticky however still very edible; I possibly need to tweak the sauce ingredients. 

I would still like to try Nigella's recipe as it uses spinach.. for not following a recipe and being inspired by one, this was delicious and quick and an excellent way to use leftovers!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.