Friday 4 February 2022

Food Photo of the Day ~ Ham Fried Rice

 


Leftover rice always means fried rice in our house. Pulling together ingredients and using spices on hand to create a satisfying meal using leftovers is always a winner. I have a very loose recipe, you can call it that, because every time I make this dish the flavour slightly changes, not only from the ingredients and spices I use and have in my pantry but just how heavy... or light handed I may be... how much of those ingredients get added, more or less soy sauce and sesame oil, more or less sherry or rice wine vinegar. Perhaps a little bit of this spice or a bit of that spice. So every fried-rice dish I make is unique in a sense that the common ingredients are there just the amounts change or get tweaked slightly. Regardless of what transpires in the kitchen and on the stove, it's flavourful and in the essence of the moment, creating that dish.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.