Thursday 24 September 2020

Food Photo of the Day ~ Marmalade

I... we, did get up to having a bit of kitchen foolery. I say that because we did not exactly slave in the kitchen to make these jars of marmalade. Most of the pulp, rind and essence that makes up this jam was already done and came in a huge can. We just added the sugar, water and a dollop of butter, followed the directions and simmered it on the stove and poured it into sterilized jars. It was a bit of a process however not labour intensive. I remember my parents making strawberry jam and helping out, my husband and I have made lemon curd and he recalls making jars of various things when growing up. If anything this was a process, an exercise and certainly gives me a taste for creating my own jam from start to finish.  

- JD  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.