Tuesday 15 August 2017

Food Photo of the Day ~ Pumpkin Walnut Loaf with Melted Marshmallows



Yes, I made a pumpkin loaf during the summer. I credit this, on me overhearing  a customer order a Pumpkin Spice latté this week at the local coffee shop. I suppose with some of the leaves already turning colour; one may feeling that fall is on it's way. With this loaf I got a bit inspired by those recipes of pumpkin pie with a marshmallow topping. I prepared and baked the pumpkin loaf as per usual according to the recipe; however when the loaf was finished I placed cut pieces of maple marshmallows on top and placed it back in the oven for a few minutes, until the marshmallow bits started to melt and get brown. The melted marshmallow top added an enjoyable sweet gooeyness to this spiced autumnal loaf.  


Hope everyone is having a good week, so far! -JD   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.