Tuesday 24 May 2016

Food Photo of the Day ~ Oven Roasted Crinkle Potatoes

Rather than just do the same quartered oven roasted potatoes, I decided to put a hardly used kitchen gadget to the test; and create these delicious seasoned crinkle cut potatoes. Similar to chips... french fries these have a rugged look about them with lovely seasoned flavour without all the fat and grease of deep frying. I tossed the potato slices in olive oil and added whatever seasonings I had on hand and baked them in a preheated 400ºF oven on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crisp.

Here is the said kitchen gadget I used to slice the potatoes with. This hand held gadget fits nicely in ones palm although it is almost the size of my hand. I can not remember where or when this kitchen gadget was purchased; I do think it was some time ago and didn't cost that much. I guess it is never to late to give it a go and with a bit of muscle one can create crinkle cut potatoes in a matter of minutes. Once you get a rhythm going one wants to crinkle cut everything. Despite not being used that often it was a purchase many years ago that proved positive and will be considered more often now, not just for potatoes but other vegetables too. 

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Despite the rain we did! - JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.