Wednesday 28 January 2015

Camelina Oil & Roasted Chickpeas

The other day while at the butcher's I bought a bottle of Three Farmers - Camelina Oil. I was intrigued because I have never heard of Camelina oil or Three Farmers. It is a Canadian Company. The oil is high in Vitamin E and Omega-3. It has a smoke point of 475º and is Non-GMO. The flavour has subtle hints of asparagus with a bit of nuttiness. Which makes this perfect for salads and cooking. Each bottle has a traceable code on the back so that you may Trace Your Food on their website. I traced mine and found when the bottle I bought was seeded and harvested, growing conditions throughout the year, growing conditions upon harvesting and the farmer! This is a very interesting way to further connect the consumer with the product. Which reiterates the theme: Farm to Fork even more so. 

I made a salad dressing using the Camelina oil and it was absolutely tasty. One of my best salad dressings I have made so far. 
  
Who can resist anything maple, not  me. I bought their roasted chickpeas... in maple frosted. These are a great snack and wonderful to add to a salad. They are high in fibre, protein and magnesium. With a source of iron and Omega-3. They are also nut-free and gluten-free. They too come with a traceable code that provides more information on how the chickpeas are grown. 

For more information on Three Farmers and their products click *here*

- JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.